Everything You Need to Know About Neck Pain
When is a pain in the neck more than just a pain in the neck? When is it a sign that something more serious may be involved?
Typically, neck pain is caused by a muscle strain, and one side of the neck may experience more pain than the other. But when neck pain is accompanied by other symptoms, it may be cause for concern. Here’s why:
- Neck pain with vomiting and stiffness may indicate meningitis. If you cannot touch your chin to your chest and experience drowsiness, confusion and/or sensitivity to bright lights, call a medical professional right away.
- Neck pain with weakness in the arms and tingling in the fingers may indicate a herniated disc, which is pressure on a nerve root due to a narrowing of the spinal cord canal.
- Neck pain after a car accident is usually referred to as whiplash. When you’re in a car that is hit from behind, the neck tends to snap suddenly forward and then backward, causing what is known as cervical acceleration/deceleration (CAD) trauma or syndrome.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help
Most people experience neck pain at some time in their lives. As your chiropractor,
we’re skilled in determining whether you have a relatively minor issue, or whether you require a referral to another type of practitioner. After examining you thoroughly, we’ll aim to restore normal feeling and function in your neck and other affected body parts, or make a referral to a practitioner who can help you.
Continued care will help ensure that the muscles and joints in your neck and back remain in optimal working condition to keep you living life to your fullest potential without restriction.
Getting Started is Easy
Experience our state-of-the-art facilities by contacting us today to schedule your appointment! Our team is here to answer any questions you may have about chiropractic therapy.
1) Fill Out The Form Below
2) We'll Give You A Call & Book An Appointment
3) We get you started. Welcome to 1-Spine!
1-Spine Chiropractic - Lubbock
4903 82nd Street Suite 50
Lubbock, TX 79424
Phone: (806) 993-1001
1-Spine Chiropractic - Levelland
1003 College Ave.
Levelland, TX 79336
Phone: (806) 894-7000