Is Your Head Posture to Blame for Neck Pain?
You feel exhausted at the end of the day. Your neck always hurts. You have frequent headaches, and maybe even fibromyalgia. Have you wondered if head posture could be the cause?
All About Forward Head Carriage
When your head is positioned correctly, the opening to your ear is centered over your shoulder. If your ear opening is off center and is located to the front of the shoulder, you have forward head posture, also known as forward head carriage. For every inch that your head is off center, extra unnecessary weight is exerted on the muscles in your neck and upper back, making them work harder just to keep your head up!
Unfortunately, today’s lifestyle contributes to this condition far too often. Workers hunched over their computers all day, children watching television and playing video games, cradling the phone between your ear and your shoulder and driving in the car for long periods of time can all cause forward head posture. Left untreated, this condition can cause disc compression and poor health.
How You Can Help Yourself
Consider the following when it comes to correcting forward head posture.
- Receive regular chiropractic adjustments. Chiropractic care has shown to be effective in reversing forward head posture, reducing pain and preventing further deterioration of the spine.
- Get up and stretch every 15-20 minutes if you sit at a desk during the day.
- Limit the amount of time you spend watching television or playing video games.
- Focus more on your posture, making sure you are sitting up straight with your head in an upright position.
- Sleep on a cervical pillow to maintain the proper curve in your cervical spine.
If you’re concerned about forward head posture and you have neck or back pain, headaches, muscle weakness, or fatigue, consider contacting us for an appointment.
Getting Started is Easy
Experience our state-of-the-art facilities by contacting us today to schedule your appointment! Our team is here to answer any questions you may have about chiropractic therapy.
1) Fill Out The Form Below
2) We'll Give You A Call & Book An Appointment
3) We get you started. Welcome to 1-Spine!
1-Spine Chiropractic - Lubbock
4903 82nd Street Suite 50
Lubbock, TX 79424
Phone: (806) 993-1001
1-Spine Chiropractic - Levelland
1003 College Ave.
Levelland, TX 79336
Phone: (806) 894-7000